- InterNations Official Events are get-togethers organized for an entire InterNations Community. With the exception of a few special event formats, InterNations Official Events are open to all members and their guests. For further details, please consult the Official Event Guidelines.
- InterNations Activities are get-togethers organized for a smaller group of InterNations members in order to share a common interest or hobby (e.g. going to a concert together, playing soccer, dining together in a restaurant).
Content of Activity Posts
- Activities should be related to the theme of the respective group as a whole.
Not permitted are activities which
- have a commercial purpose
- are linked to the host’s or a relative’s business
- are linked to an organization that the host promotes and/or works for
- are organized and/or promoted through another social network by the host
- Attendance costs (if applicable) shall under no circumstances serve the financial interest of the member organizing the InterNations Activity.
- Duplicate activity posts are not permitted.
- All activity posts must be created in English or provide a sufficient and detailed English description.
- The activity logo and title shall not disclose the activity location.
- Please note that InterNations Activities are exclusively available to Albatross Members. The only exception to this is participation in InterNations Changemakers Groups.
- Groups are managed and activities are organized by local Consuls on a purely voluntary basis. InterNations provides the infrastructure for our members to organize activities. The organizers do not represent InterNations as vicarious agents.
- It is not encouraged to post a nightlife-themed activity on the same date as an InterNations Official Event. You can keep an eye on the calendar to see what's coming up in your community. If there is an overlap between a nightlife-themed activity and an official event, we reserve the right to review the situation and take whatever action is best for the community.
- Fundraising activities must fit the Group’s theme. All donations must be transferred in full to a registered non-profit organization, and reported to InterNations by the end of the month.
Administration of Activity Posts
- InterNations reserves the right to remove or alter an activity post should it not adhere to these guidelines or if it is considered to be unsuitable for the platform.
- InterNations reserves the right to take any action necessary to maintain the quality of our platform or against any member not following the guidelines mentioned here.
Conduct at InterNations Activities
- InterNations Activities are open to all Albatross Members. The only exception are those activities open to a limited group of InterNations members, such as those organized by our women-only groups.
- Participants should be limited to those who signed up for the activity on the InterNations platform.
- While we do our best to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone, InterNations assumes no liability for anything that happens at an activity posted on InterNations or hosted by our Consuls. InterNations does not accept any legal responsibility for damages resulting from the gross negligence of the organizers. Furthermore, neither InterNations nor the organizer of this activity shall assume liability for any loss of personal property, nor shall they be held responsible in the event of financial, physical, or emotional damage.
- Any members behaving in an inappropriate manner at an InterNations Activity are subject to expulsion from the InterNations platform.
- By accepting an activity invitation, the user acknowledges the right of InterNations to publish any photographs or film footage taken at InterNations Activities on the InterNations website and/or on any platform approved by InterNations. Should the user wish to refuse the same, the user must clearly express this wish to the photographer or cameraman at the activity. Should the user wish to have InterNations remove a photograph already published on the InterNations website or another platform, the user must contact the InterNations Community Support Team.
- Please be open to making everyone feel welcome and to sharing the spirit of connecting global minds.
- If a member accepts an activity invitation and later cannot attend, the member should cancel his/her attendance on the InterNations website before the activity begins, so that the organizer of the activity has a reliable number of participants to use when planning the activity and making any necessary reservations.
InterNations is a private network that provides its members with a platform to interact with each other. Everyone is free to join InterNations and free to choose his or her level of membership. Members of InterNations have agreed to adhere to our General Terms and Conditions and to respect our standards of conduct.
Please behave in a respectful manner towards other InterNations members, the platform of www.internations.org and the InterNations staff.