We are commited to ensuring our platform is a safe and genuine place for expats and global minds. Our community is growing each day, and our goal is to have an environment where people are respectful and treat one another fairly.
We ask you to help us make this community a great place for people to interact. Breaking our Networking Guidelines may result in your account being temporarily or even permanently deactivated.
Respect the InterNations community!
Speak the Language!
- English is the main language of InterNations — we don’t want language to be a reason to exclude anyone.
- Members who would like to interact in another language can join one of the nationality or language-specific InterNations Groups.
- InterNations has an extremely diverse member base, including different cultures, religions, and languages. Please keep this in mind while networking and respect all members.
- Take a balanced approach to networking. Consider other members’ perspectives and respect their boundaries.
- We ask members to use our platform for its intended purpose; we’re not a database for promoting your business, recruiting, or finding a date.
- InterNations does not tolerate spam.
- We define spam as content which is unsolicited, commercial, promotional, or impersonal.
- Don’t send identical messages to multiple recipients.
- When connecting with someone new, make sure you send a personalized message.
- Real profiles, with real names and pictures, help to ensure a community of trust.
- Fake or duplicated accounts are not accepted.
- Using someone else’s information or intending to mislead other members with fake information will not be tolerated.
Stay Safe and Help InterNations
As a community of trust, your safety is very important to us. Your InterNations Quality Assurance Team is here to address any concerns you may have with regards to the quality and/or safety of the InterNations community.
Here are some of our top safety tips:
- Keep your security software (anti-virus, firewall, etc.) on and up-to-date.
- Create a strong password and don’t use the same one for multiple accounts. Change it regularly, and don’t share your password with anyone.
- If you believe your profile has been compromised, please change your password and contact us immediately.
Your Privacy Settings
- You can choose how visible you’d like your profile to be in your privacy settings.
- Don’t share any personal information with members you haven’t met in real life or don’t trust.
- Don’t give your credit card number or bank details to anyone you do not know. InterNations will never send you an email asking for this information or your password. If you receive an email or message like this, please report it.
- Log out of your account at the end of each session if you are using someone else’s device.
- We encourage you to make use of the InterNations Official Events and Activities to meet other members in a public environment.
- When going out and meeting up, you do so at your own risk. Get to know the other person and do your research first. Trust your instincts and use common sense in all interactions.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour
- As a community, we believe it is everyone’s responsibility to look out for one another and work together to combat any form of misconduct or unacceptable behavior.
- Please be wary of claims that seem too good to be true — they usually are. Such behavior is rare at InterNations, but it is important to be aware of it.
- If you come across anything you think is suspicious, click on the “Report this” button and we will be happy to look into it.
- You can also report messages, contact requests, profiles, etc. using “Report this”.
- Please note, we can only monitor and take action on communication on the InterNations website. Be cautious if someone suggests another way of communicating.